Caf Champions League for Women top scorer Evelyn Badu has completed a move to Norwegian giants Avaldsnes IL claimed by GhanaSoccerNet.
Badu sealed her transfer from the Ghana Women’s Premier League champions Hasaacas Ladies after signing a two-and-half year contract on Tuesday until 2024.
- Mamelodi Sundowns Women planning 1M Dollars deal to lure Champions League top scorer Evelyn Badu from Hasaacas Ladies
She will play under former Liverpool star John Arne Riise who currently manager of the club.
The 19-year-old midfielder stole the headlines during the maiden edition of the CAF Women’s Champions League last month.
Badu won the Golden Ball and Golden Boot awards at the tournament held in Egypt after helping Hasaacas finish second in the end.
Hasaacas were beaten 2-0 by South African side Mamelodi Sundowns Ladies in the final.
The highly-rated player scored 5 goals to end the tournament as the highest top scorer and also the overall best player.
Badu scored the match winner for the Ghana U20 when they progressed to next stage of the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifications over the weekend.
The Black Princesses beat their Zambian counterparts 1-0 on aggregate to advance to face Uganda.
It was clear that Badu would leave the Ghana Women Premier League outfit after several clubs opened race for her signature revealed by Hasaacas Ladies coach Yusif Bisigi.
It is understood that Mamelodi Sundowns Women were interested in the Ghanaian International but failed to make official contacts.
Read more on Women Football
- Ghana run away with goalless draw against Zambia in FIFA Women’s U20 World Cup qualifier clash in Lusaka
- Mamelodi Sundowns Women becomes to first team to win historic Caf Women’s Champions League after beating Hasaacas Ladies 2-0 in Cairo
- Hasaacas Ladies first team to reach maiden Caf Women’s Champions League semifinals after claiming 3-0 victory over Malian side AS Mande
- Gift Monday aware of South Africa threat ahead of Nigeria final in Aisha Buhari tournament