Maxwell Konadu set to face GFA disciplinary committee over referee claims

Asante Kotoko boss Maxwell Konadu set to face the GFA Disciplinary Committee over claims on referee Daniel Laryea following their recent draw against Berekum Chelsea last Sunday.

The Ghana Football Association has referred Asante Kotoko boss Maxwell Konadu to the Ethics Committee over comments he made against Referee Daniel Laryea after their 1-1 draw game against Berekum Chelsea.

Read more: Asamoah Gyan reveals decision to snub Asante Kotoko for Legon Cities

A late free-kick strike from former forward Emmanuel Clottey ensured that Asante Kotoko’s quest to get their first win in the 2020/2021 Ghana Premier League was crushed out at the Golden City Park in Berekum on Sunday.

Maxwell Konadu after the game, complained about the performance of the referee saying that “It’s was a very good and tough match. I said we came to win and that is what we wanted to do exactly. And had it not been the referee, it could have ended differently.”

“He is a referee I respect so much but then in the last minute, I don’t know what came over him. But that is football, you accept it in football and move on,” Maxwell Konadu said at the post-match press conference.

Related News: Al Ahly fans throw massive support ahead of Caf Champions League final against Zamalek

However, the GFA through their Communications Department has referred Maxwell Konadu for making derogatory remarks about the match official on the day.

“The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has referred Asante Kotoko Coach, Maxwell Konadu to the Disciplinary Committee for comments made against Referee Daniel Laryea, after the game between Brekum Chelsea and Asante Kotoko on matchday 2 at the Brekum Golden City.”

“Club officials and stakeholders were reminded by the GFA ahead of the season to seek redress using the appropriate procedure and made available referee Complaint Forms to all Clubs.”

Don’t miss out on: All you need to know about FC Nouadhibou Kotoko 2020/2021 rivals in CAF Champions League

“Clubs are to seek redress by filling the form, indicating time, incident, culprits, and submitting to the match review panel within 48 hours after the said match.”

The Match Review Panel will then review the performance of the referee or match official and issue a decision on the said incidence.

Clubs, players, and officials are urged to use the appropriate processes to address all grievances rather than resorting to making comments against match officials after the game.


Connect with Futball Surgery





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *